5.14.2009

Day 05 of P90X


P90X:
Phase 1 Week 1 Legs & Back


I woke up this morning completely sore. I had a hard time getting out of bed. I just body rolled as gently as possible to the floor and pushed my self up. I could barely sit on the toilet without grunting in pain.

Anyhoo, I made the wise decision to work out first thing in the morning. It was time for Legs & Back. I figured I'd be able to do the stretches and it would help out with the rest of the exercise session. OUCH! It did help a lot to do the stretching and I did as much as I could with all the lunges and calf raises (those were killer but I loved it!). I kept thinking in my head, "No Pain No Gain" and I guess it helped. It's all mental baby, all mental.

Ab Ripper X was next. DOUBLE OUCH! I couldn't do as much as I did the first time I attempted this because of all the pain I was experiencing around my core. I tried to do as much as I could and hopefully it helped but it didn't with the pain!

All day I was stuck in one position and needed help to even get out of a chair! How come this happened? Is it because my body wasn't use to all the rigorous exercises? Will my body be ready tomorrow for Kenpo X? What could I have done to help elleviate the pain? Exercise later in the day? Stretch out more or after? I really want to BRING IT everytime but if I'm in so much pain, how can I? I shouldn't say pain, more like muscle soreness, but still! OUCH!

Diet: It was another crappy day. :(
Breakfast: Oatmeal and brown sugar babe! Water
Lunch: Lasanga (It was my Dad's Birthday so we bought it for him and us I guess. I messed up on the moderation part though)
Dinner: We made my Dad a Birthday Dinner and had Steak, Baked Potatoes, Grilled Corn, and Salad. For Dessert we had Watermelon and I had a little bit of Cheesecake.

I know, I know. I should be focusing on the P90X Nutrition Guide, but its hard! And most of the recipes require cooking and yes, I do love to cook and bake (my new passion!), I just want something quick and easy. I'll definetly try to focus more on my diet. I promise.

No comments: